Thursday, August 13, 2009

I almost forgot... No I'm just lazy and would rather sleep than post a blog but not really I just do

I like to think that I'm not the only one that gets so busy and caught up in this that and the other things being so urgent and important I forget about what I like to do when it's something I can always do "later".

Today after getting home from work at the time I usually would take a nap before making dinner I chose to get online and play around. I tweeted a bit, facebooked for a while and then browsed through some of my favorite blogs. There were some great things I came across and wanted so badly to share them with everyone I know. There were then a series of thoughts that led me to realize I have not posted since I left my job as a receptionist weeks before I had Aeslyn.
I intended on posting when Dave took me on a second honeymoon to St. George and Zion which was amazing
I intended on posting when Aeslyn was born which was beautiful
I intended on posting when I went to the Moms Who Make It convention-- pheMOMenal!
I intended on posting when I took Aeslyn to the zoo though she slept through the whole thing
I intended on posting about the 24th of July in good ol' Panguitch which is tied with Thanksgiving for my favorite day of the year. Yes even above Christmas.
...AND the list continues.

I have developed a terrible habit of misplacing action after intention which gets me nowhere. This is a habit I desperately would love to break but I'm not sure how. If I bit my nails I could paint them or put tape on them or something. But if I didn't bit my nails (which btw I don't) and wanted to start doing it regularly how would I remind myself to do it. More importantly how would I make myself do it? Yes I realize my analogy is quite ridiculous.

Any ideas to help? How do you break your habits of omission? If you don't have any please just make one up and tell me so I don't feel like such a loser!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

If it is not too bold, I think I could say that I am the QUEEN of good intentions. I am always thinking of things that I want to do, but I never actually get around to doing any of it.

Sometimes I try to give myself a time limit to do certain things. 10 minutes to write a post or 20 min. to read my book, etc. When I do things this way I feel like I have been very productive :).

Unknown said...

You could never be a looser! When I was trying to keep up the kids baby books, I set Fast Sunday as my day to write. That way I could get it done at least once a month. Longer than that I forget to much. That might help! Love you much! MOM K.

Marisa Jean said...

Uh, Camy, I think we are all guilty of starting things and not finishing them. I don't think it's a lazy factor, I think it's an issue of being overwhelemed and too busy.

Being a new mom and trying to balance, work, family and personal time has got to be insane. We all know where your heart is. But if you figure out how to balance it, share your secret! I have DOZENS of unfinished projects I'd like to get ambition to complete.

Unknown said...

When I was in college, I really struggled because I was so unorganized and because of that, didn't get projects finished like I would have liked. A class I took taught me how that you need to make a list and prioritize that list. I started to do that and it really worked. It really helped me when you and Brice were small to be able to get the things done that were the most important. I have quit doing that and I have found that I don't accomplish what I used to. I know we have talked about living by the list - but if you are ADD like I am - 'the list' is the only way to go.