Wednesday, September 10, 2008

AMTA here I come

I thought I'd just let everyone know that tonight it was made official-- I have been approved and voted as the Chair of sports massage for the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) Utah chapter. I just got home from my first board meeting and it was so long with all the bureaucratic "move to motion, motion, second the motion, vote" stuff for everything on the agenda, but it's such a great honor to be involved that I can deal with the tradition stuff since it's part of the whole package.

My first project will be to get everything set up for massage to be available at the St. George Marathon which is just a few weeks away. Usually everything would be set to go by now, but they haven't had a sports chair person for several months so there's quite a bit of makeup work to be done, but catching up seems to be the story of my life so I'm sure I can make it work out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go girl! You amaze me.

Marisa Jean said...

No way!!! Major congrats! I'm not a fan of board meetings myself, but I understand that they are necessary. Keep us updated on all the happenings!