Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BODY WORLD!S!!

In case you didn't know Body Worlds Exhibit 3 will open at the Leonardo museum in Salt Lake on Friday September 19th at 10:00 am. Tickets are on sale now at http://theleonardo.org/bodyworlds/tickets/.
You can find out more about the exhibit at http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html or look it up on wikipedia.

I have been wanting to see this exhibit since I first heard of it in 2003 but never imagined it would be approved to come to Utah. I was so ecstatic when I found out it was coming to the Leonardo that I seriously almost peed my pants. This exhibit is different from the first one displayed in Tokyo in 1997 called "The Mirror of Time" which I would still love to see(I think that was the premiere, I don't remember for sure as it was so long ago). This is the third in a series called "The Human Saga"-- this third exhibit is "The Story of the Heart" They have both human and animal specimens on display in a variety of active positions which is a great teaching tool for understanding how the body actually works (for those of you who really know me can now understand my extreme excitement about the whole thing!!!)

If anyone is interested in geeking it up with me let me know as I'd love for everyone to have the opportunity to see this exhibit.

2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Camy, you always know about the most intersting events that come to town. If you want to go on a week night, excluding Tuesday and Wednesday's, I'm in. Can't do the weekend though. Too much going on.

Lindsay said...

When I saw the ads for this I thought t looked so awesome, I would love to go but unfortunately I can't. I hope it's great, and if you can take pictures get as many as you can, I would love to see what's inside.