Friday, November 28, 2008

"Little Vegas"

So I haven't posted in a LONG TIME, but I had nothing much to say except for.......

The weekend of October 4th Dave and I went with several friends to Vegas. It was going to be great fun- we rented a big house with it's own pool and hot tub so we could enjoy the lodging and facilities without drunk strangers getting in our way. We dressed up all decked out in formal wear and took pictures at the Bellagio and then headed over to Cesar's Palace for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. The next day everyone just enjoyed the company and not having to take care of the kids (all children were left with grandparents). Unfortunately I missed out on the casual fun for a day trip to St. George for the St. George Marathon- with my board position over sports massage I had to go help keep an eye on things.

Now I was a little bumbed before the trip when I realized that I was most likely going to be on my period through the weekend. That's OK- I can be prepared for such an occasion, but playing in Vegas is less fun when you've got to constantly be worried about where the closest bathroom is and what a shame you probably won't get a chance to wear your favorite white denim shorts.

So we're in Vegas and I get the telltale headache, but nothing else. Not a big deal-- in fact WOOHOO! I didn't think much about it because I had been under an extremely high level of stress with the St. George Marathon and my own 5K event coming the next week. I had been working non-stop for weeks and it's not at all uncommon for me to miss a cycle here and there anyway. There were a couple of other explanations as to why I could have missed out on the blessed monthly ritual, but mind you I wasn't complaining. I got to swim worry free AND wear my white denim shorts. That awful headache though would go nowhere no matter what I did.

We came home late Sunday night and I tried my best to get back to work on Monday, but I was SO tired. Vegas must have wiped me out- I was falling asleep at work, I had to take a nap in the afternoon, and found it nearly impossible to get the work done I needed to for the 5K. I was so behind, but nothing could motivate me to get the simplest tasks done.

The following Friday rolled around and I realized why I was so wiped out- I had the flu. Bad timing! I had the flu and had to go set up for, host, and clean up after a 5K charity run on a day that happened to be drenched with freezing rain. I was cold, miserable, nauseous, and still had that ridiculous headache! I get home that afternoon and Brice was so sweet he went and bought me cinnamon rolls. I had said the day before that cinnamon rolls sounded yummy and he knew I wasn't feeling great so he went and got some. I could have killed him! I don't think I can eat another cinnamon roll ever in my life I got so sick. Even thinking about it now makes waves of nausea rush through my body.

Needless to say I wanted NyQuil and/or thera-flu, but Dave's better judgement kicked in and I peed on a stick. It was inconclusive. I peed on another stick. It had to be wrong. A glitch. Defective. Stick #3- Digital. "PREGNANT" I continued to stare at it twisting it back and forth in the light. I knew it had to have a "NOT" on there somewhere. Maybe the screen was warped.
I pulled this stick out of the waste basket to double check several times that afternoon, and the next day, and the day after. Dave took the garbage out. I'm still not thoroughly convinced, but I still have that blasted headache and the flu and an appointment for a 12 week exam next week.

Dave and I decided not to make any announcement's till Thanksgiving so there you have it.
Long story short. This Thanksgiving I have more than a food baby crowding my belly and making me fat.

5 comments:

esianoyam3 said...

Congratulations!!! I remember that feeling of not believing the test - I think that's why they sell them in multi-packs!

Marisa Jean said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am about this!!!! I'm so glad that the pee stick said positive! You and Dave's kids are going to be gorgeous! Camy I wsih I could be there right now to hug you and squeal with delight and jump up and down. Before I typed this, I did just that. YAY!!!

Lindsay said...

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I am so excited for you. I'm calling you now! at this very moment, why aren't you answering? COngratulation!!!

Lindsay said...

By the way, I think you should write a book, this post had me at the edge of my seat.

Michelle said...

Congrats, I have been meaning to tell you for several months now.. But I never get to see you or talk to you... Hang in there the nausea has to stop some time in the next 26 weeks... Love YOU...